Monday, February 18, 2013

Oh My Gosh ! I Think I Am Going to Cry

I had heard that a new Park and Shop was opening in the Green Community in Dubai but I had not yet seen it for myself. Besides, it was too far from my apartment to really enjoy or frequent. I was afraid if I visited it once I would be hooked. It is probably best to stay away.

There it was - the new Park and Shop coming up on my left. It was huge. I had to slow my SUV down and almost stopped in the middle of the road.  As I very slowly drove by and gawked at the new Park and Shop, I thought to myself..." If I wasn't late already for lunch at a friend's villa I would stop." A taxi driver honked at me to speed up and brought me back to reality. OK , later....on the way home.

The lunch with friends was fabulous but I could not wait to visit the new Park and Shop.

I walked through the temporary front door - OH MY GOSH ! It was heaven !! I stood like a statue, motionless and took it all in. It even SMELLED like a super store, full of items I love.

I had forgotten how much I loved super stores. Strange to say, but I felt like crying. Tears of happiness. There is not another store in Dubai that carries this many American products. I was overwhelmed with the selection of cereal and "real" Oreo's were stocked on the shelves - even double stuff.

A few other stores in Dubai give a good effort but nothing like this. Park and Shop is the winner ! Two floors of sheer, utter, happiness.

At any moment I was waiting for one of the employees to walk up to me and say, "please stop touching all the items miss."  They didn't say anything. I was left alone in my bliss. I am pretty certain I was not the first American to be in that store behaving like I was behaving. It was like being a kid in a candy store. I wanted to buy everything, even things I did not need.

Loved, loved, loved it ! I am now hooked and I will be back, even if it is a 30 minute drive out in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks Park and Shop.





No comments:

Post a Comment