Thursday, April 12, 2012

To Work or Not To Work ...That is the Question

Am I getting bored ? Okay here is it goes - Yes , I am getting bored - just a little. I feel bad for even saying it out loud. This city is so fun and amazing that I am sure some people would say, "how can you ever get bored in a place like Dubai "? But, I keep thinking, while Jeff is at work, I could be:
*Doing something that would contribute to our household - It is very strange to not have my own income or at least be a contributing member.
*Go back to school and broaden my education/ skills and mind. Why,not ?
*Find a full time or part time job - I have always liked to work. Some would say, "You should enjoy the fact that you are not working", but for us work- a-holic's, we find the stress and activity of a good days work very fulfilling. Idle time or if we are not contributing, it drives us nuts. Now that I don't really need to work I should just relax and take it easy, don't commiserate. It is so hard to explain.
*Find something that will help me feel fulfilled.
*Keep me busy during the day and out of trouble. I love to shop, but really...how much shopping can one person do every day.
 Right now, I can find enough to keep me busy, but I can tell that it will not be enough in the future.
But then it goes back to the big question, if I decide to work - full time or part time time  -  what would I do? Jeff keeps asking, "what would you be interested in doing that you have never done before"? Well, all the things that interest me would take a little schooling. Should I go back to school ? Am I too old to start over?  How about volunteering my time to one of the many volunteer organizations around the United Arab Emirates ?
So much to think about. No decisions need to be made now, but maybe sooner than later.
What do the rest of you think ? I would love to hear.

3 comments:

  1. You would be a GREAT volunteer somewhere.. you're such a dedicated, hard-working NICE women, you'd be valued. And if I were you, I'd take advantage of the opportunities to learn more things... art? anything? Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That comment above was from me, Teresa Nielson... remember me?

      Delete
  2. Two words....REALITY SHOW!

    ReplyDelete