Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Where are all the outlets?

Where are all the outlets and how do they expect women in Dubai to do their hair ? What about electric toothbrushes ?
I have discovered a fascinating fact - bathrooms in Dubai only have one shaver outlet - that is it. I have found a place in my apartment were I can do a "daisy chain " to plug in both my straightner and blow dryer that will not blow the fuse or outlet, but it is not even close to the bathroom.
When we start looking for a new place in the next couple of months, I told Jeff, "our next place will have outlets in the bathroom". Well come to find out, none of the bathrooms in Dubai or as I keep being told, nor do European countries, have outlets in the bathrooms. What ? Can that be true ?
While I was looking at villa's with a friend a few weeks ago, I asked the realtors about outlets in the bathrooms. One of them said very sternly, " you silly Americans, you love to electrocute yourselves". I do ? I think I have tried to avoid electrocution as a regular practice and have known from a very young age that I should not shower with my blow dryer. My mother taught me well.
The other realtor said so simply, "outlets in bathrooms will kill you". Then she looked at me like,"I can't believe you even asked that question". Okay then, that tells me everything I need to know. I was even told by the two realtors, "most people buy a villa that includes a dressing room for women to do their hair and makeup in".  Have I really lived this long without a dressing room ? Have I been missing a vital woman accessory and did not even know it.  Add that to the list of things we need or want in our next place - Debbie's dressing room. It is on the list. I was wondering way IKEA and other furniture stores in Dubai advertise and sell dressing tables, now I know. You can get a dressing table in all colors, shapes and sizes. I guess I better go buy me one and have it ready to go when I move in to my new place, which will hopefully have a dressing room. Why not !
Sorry Jeff - the man cave may have to be sacrificed for Debbie's dressing room.

No comments:

Post a Comment