Monday, May 21, 2012

On the Top of the World

Outstanding ! The view from the 124st floor observation deck of  the tallest building in the world, the Burk Khalifa, is breath taking to say the least.


Heights make me a little squeamish and to walk out on the glass paneled observation deck, it made my hands and feet sweat...just a little..but oh, so worth it. I can do this ...

You pay 100 dirhams per adult ( @ $26 US dollars) to go to the top of the Burj Khalifa. Tickets are sometimes hard to get, especially the week before or day of. It was recommended that you pick a date and time atleast 30 days in advance and buy your tickets on line. We took everyone's recommendation and did just that.
Golden ticket to the top
The ride to the top - 124th floor observation deck - is on a super speed elevator. And super speed it was. Our ears were popping as we sped to the 124th floor lickity split. I dont ever recall being in an elevator that moved that fast, and climbed so many floors.
Once to the top - glorious ! You can see Dubai from all angles  - the desert, the sea, the layout of the city, the extraordinary skyscrapers and so much more. Even though it made me nervous, it was so worth it and I would do it again.


Jeff , Taeler and I had a fabulous time on the top of world and then entered the elevator for our lightning speed descent back to earth, ground level and everyday life.

Great experience and I would recommend it to everyone, even those people like me, that are afraid of heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment