Monday, March 12, 2012

Camels on the Interstate and Smiling


Guess what I saw on Dubai's interstate today ? It was an open truck full of camels. They looked so happy, you may see the slight smile on one of their faces as I captured this shot going 65 miles per hour (@ 100 kilometers - still working on my metrics). There was a herd of them lying down in the bed of the truck. It appears that it is easier to transport a herd of camels, than one horse and takes less equipment.
Jeff and I speculated where they might be going and when he mentioned it possibly could be the camel slaughter house, because camel is eaten in the Middle East, I would prefer to think of them being transported to a sandy oasis, running free and frolicking. But only in the middle east and a few other places would I see camels speeding down the interstate, sticking their heads out the sides of the truck like a dog and loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment