Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It's Official I am a Housewife

The paperwork is all completed,  documents attested - four times, twice by the United States and twice by the United Arab Emirates, mounds of paper signed, my blood has been drawn and chest x-ray completed. I am now a legal resident of two countries, the United States and United Arab Emirates. I received my UAE legal residence visa today, after being photographed (it is so hard to not smile), then finger and palm printed. The finger and palm printing process was so high tech, I felt like I was participating in a CSI episode.
It's official.... I am a "housewife". That is my official listing on my legal residency visa for the UAE. I have never been "just" a housewife before. It is a strange and and foreign place for me to be in.

But an afternoon out and about afterwards... my attitude has been changed.

I spent the afternoon looking at villa's with a new friend. When we were done villa shopping we stopped at the Al Qasr Hotel, by Jumeriah Beach for high tea. I have never been in a Hotel quite like this before and you would not believe it unless you witnessed it for yourself. One word ...opulent. The high tea was served on the balcony, over looking the Persian Gulf,  there was a light breeze, fabulous service, good food and great company...okay maybe I can "just' be a housewife.

Only in Dubai - what a life !

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with being "just" a housewife! :)

    ReplyDelete