Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Making blueberry muffins - anyone read Arabic?

Do you ever have the need to bake? I am really want to bake something...
Step one:
Go to the local grocer in a sand storm and shop. Make sure eyes are covered, the sand is really blowing today.
Step two:
Buy one box of blueberry muffin mix - yeah - I found something familiar! The muffin mix was happily sitting on the shelf at the small local grocer named "Aswaaq". The cost of the blueberry muffin mix was 8.5 dhs (@ $2.20 U.S currency). I cant wait to bake them for breakfast.
Step three:
Hmmm - I should have turned over the box at the store and looked at the cooking instructions. Oh, no, now what?
It should be as easy as one, two, three, but all the the instructions are in Arabic. At least they have included picture's on the box and the measurements of the additional items are not only in metrics but in measurements I understand.
How hard can this be ?
Step four:
Hire an Arabic interpreter, Skype my daughter Taeler or just go for it. 
Where is my daughter when I need her. Taeler is studying Arabic  at B.Y.U. in Utah, but I cant Skype her now it is too late. Darn that 10 hour time difference. 
Step five:
OK -I am going for it. I am good at following pictures..at least I hope so...keep your fingers crossed.
Step six:
Eat finished product.
The blueberry muffins did not look pretty but they did taste the same and Jeff was sweet to give them a try.
Step seven:
Never underestimate yourself ! Thanks goodness for pictures.



1 comment:

  1. You don't know me. I am a friend of Terasa Nelson. I love your blog. I have been fascinated by Dubai for years.

    ReplyDelete